One holiday down....

One obligatory Thanksgiving picture:   Garret was sound asleep...the beer bottle was added by someone who shall remain nameless, but he was so zonked--and this was before we ate dinner--that even several camera flashes didn't disturb him. 


Okay, I lied--one more picture.  Everyone knows I don't cook anymore...well, like for the last 25 years, but I do make the twice-baked potatoes on Thanksgiving.    Oh, maybe I should find the picture of the turkey to give Matthew equal billing for all his hard work...

 So now I'm up to 3 pictures from Thanksgiving.  He glazed the turkey with reduced apple cider which was pretty, but too much work and unnecessary.
 
 I took the weekend off from creating more for the art shows, which also means quieting my head from designing the next project.  I shopped instead!  I went to the gem and jewelry show on Friday when everyone else seemed to be heading to the malls, though bought less than usual.  I only want unique beads I don't already have or things I need to finish projects, like spacers.  I did buy myself two presents--a rose-gold chain and a pair of Helenite dangling earrings that are a vibrant, gorgeous green.   I rarely do that since I make jewelry--duh--but both were irrestible. 
 Yesterday I did my annual shop-till-you-drop in SF at the Concourse, one of my favorite things to do.  Lennie came with me, and she was a good shopping buddy.  If there had been a test, she would have gotten an A.  But I no longer do any grading....  and that's what I am most grateful for this year--being retired from a 35-year career and allowing my brain to play and create art in the form of textiles and jewelry as the mood strikes me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Steps and New Aches

Bead Buying in the Czech Republic

It's Not Just the Food...how about butterflies?