Open Studios in 5 days

 I'm still making things like a crazy woman, but I just added another show to the mix--actually TWO more in Dec, so I have to keep working.  I enjoy what I do, so it's not like a job; it's just that it's crunch time.  Last night I made some earrings, finished a Kumihimo necklace, wove another cocoon jacket to be finished later today, and then laid out beads for 5 bracelets and about 7 pairs of earrings.  Those await me later today or tonight.
 Today I'm meeting my friend Judith at Happy Feet for a massage.   We're on our second card with them--for $100, we get 5 "foot" massages, though they really do the whole body.  If you're slow on math, that's a mere $20 per massage, not including tip.  This one is more for my mind than my body--calm down, slow down, breathe, enjoy the trip.
 Last night we had Marianna over for pizza to celebrate her birthday.  My stepson Julian was also here--he eats here 3-4 nights a week since he returned to the coast last month.  Marianna had us in stitches describing the kids she babysits, especially the 5-year old.  I want to encourage her to write a blog about him--she could get a sitcom based on it--&$@(*# the kid says.....  Oh yeah, that's been done.
 Pizza was particularly good--all vegetarian in honor the the birthday girl.  Caramelized onion and gorgonzola (my fave), olive tapenade and artichoke hearts, goat cheese and pesto.  Oh, I don't think I got them right--maybe goat cheese with the tapenade and pesto with something else.  Whatever, they were delicious..
 Off to Happy Feet to get happy....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Steps and New Aches

Bead Buying in the Czech Republic

It's Not Just the Food...how about butterflies?