New Work; new pictures and why I'm not svelte

  I'm excited about opening an etsy store and have yet to announce it.  I've challenged myself and also Annette to add 30 pieces in 30 days onto the etsy site.  I just added a new bracelet I did last week using dagger beads:

 I saw a picture in a magazine of something similar but not done with Kumihimo braiding, so I gave it a try.  I'm ready to do another one soon.  
In the meantime, I've started making something I saw online--wire-wrapped bead sprigs.  I want to figure out a way to turn them into pins for shawls and felted hats.  They're really fun to do -- a new obsession for the week.  I just snapped a new picture even though they're not quite finished.
 They come out as a bouquet of beaded flowers, and I added a couple of leaves on this last one.
 Meanwhile, I discovered the author of the no-knead bread has a new book on no-knead pizza dough, so told Matthew about it and he happened to see it in the latest Bon Appetit magazine.  We've now had it twice, and this last one, he used part of the dough for focaccia.  So we had bread before pizza....and this is why I'll never be svelte.  Sunday dinner:
first course

yep, bacon for the pizza topping

pizza dough

green chiles, yellow peppers, bacon, mozzarella, ricotta, and sharp cheddar

Romesco sauce, mushrooms, grilled artichoke hearts, mozzarella, and ricotta



Comments

  1. love the bead sprigs. what fun!

    i wish i could eat a bread appetizer before a pizza main course! it all looks delicious. man... now i'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Small Steps and New Aches

It's Not Just the Food...how about butterflies?

Bead Buying in the Czech Republic