The Importance of Feet...

 Thankfully, I have no picture of my feet--well, I did post one from Costa Rica, but they were pretty in blue by the pool that day.
 I finally returned to the foot doctor--about 6 monhs later--to say my toe still bothers me and is getting worse.  He did a few things and decided it was a neuroma, which meant an injection of cortisone and novacaine.  Ugh...I hate shots and just had a flu shot last week. 
 What I didn't realize is how much it would hurt for the next 24-48 hours from the damn shot!  He did say my foot would feel better by Friday and today, Thurs, it's already much better.  But when he said that, I thought he meant the neuroma, not the cortisone. 
  I think my threshhold for pain has decreased.  When my back was bad, I could handle more.  Getting old sucks, in case you didn't know that.
  Had dinner at Flavor, the new place in El Granada last night.  They taut themselves as a place for California Comfort Food--which I do think they manage quite well.  Their portions are actually larger than necessary--I brought half my skirt steak home (leaving the rest of the brussel sprouts and garlic mashed there), and Lennie brought part of her dinner AND dessert home.  We all opted for the $29.99 inclusive dinner--you get to pick any starter, entree, and dessert.  That's just too dangerous.  The service was very good, which is a bonus around here. 
 Next time, I hope to walk to dinner there.  Then I'll burn off a little of what I eat.  Heal, foot. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Steps and New Aches

It's Not Just the Food...how about butterflies?

Bead Buying in the Czech Republic