Weave a little; Cook a little

I'm now on my third frittata in 10 days--easier than making a hot breakfast from scratch everyday.  This is my best looking one so far:
...fresh asparagus sautéed with onions, celery, carrots, zucchini, chicken sausage, with 3 kinds of cheese.  Decadent.
 While this was cooking, I finally got my rayon chenille warped, which took many extra hours due to a snarl I got in the yarn when working with it.  grrr.  It's variegated, and for weft, I'm using tencel for the first time after attending my weaving group yesterday and hearing how well it works.   Usually I warp and weft with chenille.
  Here's some close-up views of it:
Here you can see the warp on top that hasn't yet been woven, the color of the tencel, which is turquoise, and below is the warp after being woven,  I'm loving how it looks and hope it finishes as softly as usual with chenille.






















I'm also working on more woven bracelets.  The most recent is one with magatama beads, which are an interesting shape with the hole at an angle so they

stand up and give texture.   I, of course, have these in many colors so will do a few more because they're different.  But first,


  time to cook dinner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Steps and New Aches

It's Not Just the Food...how about butterflies?

Bead Buying in the Czech Republic