I write more when I travel....

 I think pictures motivate me to write, so consequently, no pictures, no blog.  I have some new ones Doug took of my work.  I'll use them for Open Studios (Nov. 19 & 20) and maybe for new business cards.  I'm not sure about them as yet....


Do they show enough?  too much?  The yellow necklace is part of my tribal series, but yellow is so not my favorite color.  They'll definitely work for the upcoming show, but not sure about cards.
  I recently took a Zentangle class, which was so much fun.  I then signed up for a daily Zentangle to be sent via email, so have been drawing designs almost daily.   They're quite addicting, but then again, what isn't?  I  seem to find more things to do with my time that I enjoy.  This is not a bad thing...
 Our CoCA group is getting ready for Open  Studios in November.  I'm showing at Chris Ridgway's home in HMB.  He's an architect and his home is very unique.  Jane and Thom, more jewelry artists, are also showing there.  I'm unsure how we'll display in a round room surrounded by windows with a large round cushioned ottoman in the center.  I'm trying not to have nightmares about how I'll display everything.  I do think it's an interesting home, so people should come to see it. 
 Then the next day, I'll be down the street at Laura's new home.   We'll have three people there and one does jewelry too.   Both homes are easy to find, so hopefully we'll have more traffic.
  This Sunday is our last show at La Nebbia for this season.  I've done 9 of the 10 shows!   I'm bringing my own canopy for this one since I had a little problem with boundaries last time.  I'm very conscious about keeping out of people's spaces when they have customers, but someone didn't respect mine and even tried to encourage my ONLY BUYER OF THE DAY to check out her earrings when she was finished looking at mine.  She had done this once before, but she knew the people, so I let it go.  And this time, I didn't say anything since confrontation is not my forte (that might surprise those who think I'm "formidable"), but I did decide not to share a space with her for this last show. 

 I have new hats, scarves, and cocoons to bring Sunday. 
  And on one last very different note...today is the last day of All My Children.  I have watched it off and on for the whole 40 years.  I mainly saw it when I was home sick from work, but the connection for me that is making me nostalgic has to do with my sister.  She and I used to talk about it since she'd watch more often and would fill me in on who new characters were, but would only talk when she was alone so no one else around her knew she was watching it, which would make us giggle.  We both loved when they'd flashback and show things we'd remember from our younger years.  This week, they've done a lot of those flashbacks on the Pine Valley families, and it's really made me miss Marianne.  I keep thinking how I want to call her and talk about the ending of this era.   It's like seeing an old building demolished--you always knew it was there, beautiful in its age and style, but no longer useable, just something you'd gotten used to seeing and thought would always be there.  Once gone, something new and maybe even better will take its place, but still, you'll see the hole and miss it for awhile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Steps and New Aches

It's Not Just the Food...how about butterflies?

Bead Buying in the Czech Republic