Shows, lunches, dinners, meetings....my life

 I'm not complaining about my life--I have it easy and appreciate every minute.  I get up when I want, go to bed when I want, have friends I enjoy, love being retired and being creative, and have much less stress than I did in my earlier years.  Oh, and then there's my marriage, which I think is stronger than ever.
 I have eliminated a few negative people from my life, which isn't always easy to do, but sometimes necessary.  And I have new friends I've met through my artisit endeavors who have common interests.  I think the hardest thing is keeping up with people and stayng in touch. 
  We were in Ashland last week and saw three good plays--well, one was more than good; it was a great play.  August:  Osage County by Tracey Letts was such a strong play about family issues--the idiosyncratic complexities of one family that represent parts of all our family dynamics.  It was 3.5 hours long, but with 2 intermissions, which was excellent.  I usually fall asleep as soon as the play starts (if only I could knit during the play, I'd have no problem staying awake), but I didn't sleep at all during this one.  Maybe the iced coffee during the first intermission helped a little too.  I highly recommend seeing this play in Ashland.  The actors couldn't have been better chosen for their roles.
 Ashland in the spring---



  Now that we're home again, I have to get ready for the twice-monthly shows at LaNebbia Winery, which is only stressful because I have to deal with the tent setup and take-down.  Julian helps with the setup, and for the first show, I had 3-4 women help me after it ended.  I hate asking for help and relying on others, but can't do it myself.   I didn't sell much at the first one and am hoping things pick up with each show.   When I was in Carmel, I saw a cool bracelet and decided I could make them, so this is my new bracelet series:

mini Swarovski pearls





 We have a Giants game tomorrow night...I think it's the only one we have tickets for this year.  Start time is 4:10, so we're going to Delancy Street for dinner afterwards.  I'll take my knitting...always keeps me interested in following the game. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Steps and New Aches

It's Not Just the Food...how about butterflies?

Bead Buying in the Czech Republic