April showers means more time for art!

Last week was a busy one and since I rarely take time to blog, but have been documenting with my camera, thought I could sit and at least label where I've been and with whom.  On Friday, after my Zumba class, Matthew and I met Julian, Sara, and the 3 kids at Tres Amigos in HMB for dinner.  I hadn't seen them in awhile since I've missed a couple of evenings when they've gone for dinner and I've been elsewhere.  They're still looking for a place to live, so hopefully something will turn up this week. 



Lincoln has the BEST appetite and it shows!




Then I headed to Laura's for Bad Art Night.    I really enjoy the energy of this group--everyone works on something different...whatever inspires her.  Shannon, Laura, and Sally have been making quilts to send to Japan for a couple of weeks.  Here's Laura with one of hers.
 Beverly was just starting a wire sculpture that night, so I documented her process throughout the evening.

My dear friend Kelly McGrew came from over the hill to join us for the first time.  She's working on a crochet project, but I managed to get her picture as she was heading out the door.

 I've worked on knitting a felted hat and flower for Penny:

And I've also done some Kumihimo braiding and even some simple beading when there.  I have an idea for the next one which started brewing just today.  It has to do with old cigar boxes......


Lately I've been working on a series of necklaces using either baroque shaped freshwater pearls or gemstones in large chips.  Last week, I sold three pieces!  I was very excited since I only took them to two meetings.  The one below, which sold Thurs. night, is yellow jasper or agate--it would be nice if I could remember those details, but it's not meant to be. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Small Steps and New Aches

It's Not Just the Food...how about butterflies?

Bead Buying in the Czech Republic