She stepped right out of Fiber Arts Magazine

Maggie's in the center--I read about her project, previously mentioned here, on Found Objects, which Leann and I have been doing for a few months.  Maggie lives in AZ and emailed me she'd be in the area, so I invited her to bring her family to Blue Sky when we're knitting on Tues. morning.  I placed a sweater there, so the group shot is on Maggie's blog.  I love how technology works to bring people together. 
  I've been busy with projects lately and even set up a gallery walk when our good friends Larry and Judith came over.  They're always interested in what I'm working on, so t was fun to display everything in my loom room studio.   I've done a few new necklaces, which were long overdue.  I had hit a roadblock recently, so was happy I made it over the hurdle.

I love this one for Spring...it's mostly fresh water pearls in those odd shapes, which look like leaves.  I feel like this piece deserves a name--something about spring.....


I don't think this picture does this justice--I like it better when I can take the photos outdoors, but the rain has prevented that right now.  I took the knitted bead, added a Kumihimo braid, then strung another necklace with just seed beads to twirl the two together.  I really like the effect and might have to redo the others I've done. 
Another crocheted wire beaded necklace with multiples of color and types of beads.  But my project base isn't limited to jewelry:

I love these felted hats...am working on a third one right now in purple.  I've also been knitted the flowers for them...I make the flower first, then make a hat to go with it.  Not sure how most would do it, but I think that's backwards.  Figures.... never one to swim with the group.
 I've also made one new cocoon and tried it without mohair.  I'm happy with the results and even remembered to add my business name tag.  This one is a lightweight merino in blue and teals, but the blue is predominant.

Comments

  1. Love those hats! It's so important to keep up the creativity in these depressing times. Keep those pics coming!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Favorite Cat

Small Steps and New Aches